When working with Lisa Alonso Properties to sell your home, we will provide you with a free two hour complimentary staging consultation. Our professional staging company will help get your home show ready. Our stagers are professional designers who can assist you with as much or little as you may need. Whether you need a simple paint consultation or need to talk to them about furniture rentals, they are your resource for all of your questions. Getting your home in show condition will help to get you top dollar and if you are fortunate multiple offers. Once the house is prepared it is important you to keep the house clean and ready for showings daily! That can be a bit stressful, especially if you have children or pets. Here are a few tips to help keep it clean!
- Wipe down surfaces and declutter – Wipe down the kitchen counter, bathroom counters, and all other surfaces in the home, including the coffee table, end tables, console tables, and dining room table. Also remove any items off the counter so they are as bare as possible. Less is more!
- Clean the floor – The cleanliness of your floors says a lot. You’ll want to keep it swept daily. Make sure there is not dust, pet hair, or spills.
- Make the beds – Probably one of the most important things. You should make beds every morning. An unmade bed can make a room look messy. The stagers can assist you if needed to choose a bedspread that adds a bit of pop to your room.
- Please hide those toiletries- The bathroom counters should be free of ANY items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, cleansers, hair products etc. They need to be clean and bare. Toiletries in the bathrooms can make the rooms look dirty and unattractive and buyers want to picture their potential home as their own.
- Put away pet supplies – Hide those dog bowls, litter boxes, or cat posts. Make sure there are no pet odors as well. Some buyers are allergic to animals so if it is possible to have a family member watch your pet for showings this may help. Also if you have a large animal please consider what is best when you have a showing for both the animal and the potential buyer. We do not want to deter any possible showings.
- Pick up – Be sure to pick up and put away toys (try to make them look organized and not cluttered), blankets (neatly folded), electronics and any other items left out.
- Hide dirty laundry – try to be sure your laundry is kept in closets or the laundry room and not in other places. Dirty laundry especially can make a home look messy if left out.
- Valuables – As you go through this checklist we’d like to add one bonus tip: it is also best to make sure that all of your valuables and medications are safely stored away. It is always best to be safe than sorry.