I get asked this question quite a bit. The answer is definitely yes!!
This year I am working with a high volume of clients who are building new construction. Realtors can definitely help with many steps in this process. First off, we understand the contract and can explain the difference between new construction and a resale. We can also help to negotiate for you based on the current market. We understand how to guide you through the structural choices as well as the design choices all while keeping your budget in mind. Lastly, we will help you understand what to look for during your pre-drywall and final walk through.
There are many choices to be made during new construction and this is where I thrive. I spend hours with my clients at the design center helping them create their dream home full of beautiful and personal home choices.
Here are a few of my favorite tips:
- Prepare a budget beforehand so you set expectations for yourself.
- Put a good chunk of that budget into the kitchen and Master bath.
- Prepare to pay the biggest part of your budget on flooring. You will look at different levels of hardwoods, carpet and padding. Padding is more important than you may think!
- Know that through the process you will be looking at different levels of the products including cabinets, countertops, tile, vanities and fixtures. A Level 1 is different than a Level 5. We can help educate you on what is trending and what is simply a good choice.
- Have a blast creating a home that is personal to your taste!!
New construction is exciting because it is all yours!! An added bonus is that your home is brand new, in turn key condition and comes with many warranties. There is peace of mind that when you close on it and you do not have to worry about replacing major structural issues like your roof or major systems such as your HVAC for years to come.
If you have any questions about this process give us a call. We would love to help! SO fun!!